BRANDSCAN is a quarterly magazine about your brand. Richly illustrated by our award-winning artists, it covers category trends, discusses market research data, analyzes competitors' advertising, profiles customers, and features interviews with your brand's executives. It's as much a research document as it is an internal communications tool that keeps key decision-makers literally on the same page.
STAR TRACK is a periodic report based on our analysis of online consumer reviews of your and your competitors' business. Star Track shows your each store's performance in key markets, spots seasonal trends in ratings, and segments and profiles the reviewers. You will not find this level of analysis anywhere else; we know because we tried.
QWANTUM is a brand tracker that measures how desirable your brand is relative to your competitors. Qwantum includes detailed reports on a mix of standard and proprietary key brand metrics, category shopping behavior, and customer profiles. It's a lot more detailed than the syndicated brand trackers you can buy off the shelf, and costs a fraction of what you'll pay for a custom tracker.
PROSPECT CUSTOMER SEGMENTATION
Many segmentation profiles are based on the databases of current customers. Our focus is different; we identify the brand's most profitable prospects. The question we answer is this:
Going after which types of people who shop for the kinds of things you sell will provide the best return on marketing investment?
The segmentation formula is pretty straight-forward and includes population size, probability of choosing your brand over others in the category, frequency of purchase, average purchase amount, and cost and probability of conversion.
Once we have identify the groups that are a) sufficiently numerous, b) likely to be converted, and c) have sufficient revenue potential, we will work on telling you everything we can about who these people are. Standard metrics include demographics and geographies, psychographics, brand affinities, and media habits, which we acquire via a bridge to third-party syndicated databases.
Methodologies: online survey, cluster analysis
PROSPECT CUSTOMER PROFILING
We conduct profiling research to determine the extent to which different factors influence purchase decisions and brand choices for each high-value group of prospect customers.
- Brand attributes
- The emotional equity of the brand
- The nature and strength of brand associations
- The Desire Gap, a metric that shows the distance between the brand and an idealized experience
- Motivational fit
- Elements of style: voice, personality, color
- Subconscious triggers
- Product attributes
- Fitness to goal
- Feature importance ranking
- Functional attributes
- Emotional attributes
- Price elasticity
- Perceived convenience
- Availability and attractiveness of alternatives
- Cognitive availability
- Perceived physical availability (I think they don't sell this here)
- Search availability
Methodologies: interviews, social data analysis, shopping simulators, discrete choice and conjoint experiments
Crystal stands for Creative Stimuli Testing Algorithm. We use Crystal to test everything: ads, videos, content pieces, celebrities, packaging. We test when we want to understand which of several alternatives will be more effective.
Three things make Crystal special:
1. Because of the way Crystal is designed, we don't have separate protocols for different media types. What's going to have a greater effect: watching a 15-second spot or reading a 500-word native piece with images? Crystal can tell you.
2. Most existing testing methods are bottom-up. They evaluate people’s reactions to different aspects of an ad, then estimate the effect on the brand, from which they project business results. Crystal is top-down. It first measures the business impact of an ad exposure via a simple choice or a discrete choice experiment, and then shows which aspects of the ad are responsible for the effect.
3. Crystal is open. There are many different companies that specialize in evaluating advertising effectiveness. To protect their intellectual property and prevent their tests from being copied, most of these companies don’t reveal the details of their methodology. This turns their tests into black boxes, making it difficult to understand how the ads can be improved.
Crystal is the opposite of a black box. We readily share the details of our approach and the data we collect, and there are no opaque formulas. Along with a report and our recommendations, you can request raw data and significance and effect size tests.
BRAND & AD TRACKING
We measure the impact of in-market factors over time. Our clients differ in the objectives they pursue, the geographies in which they operate, and the frequency with which they plan make key decisions. We have designed their trackers and reports to reflect these differences and serve their individual needs.
We customize the metrics we capture, the kinds of data sources that go into these metrics, and how often the reports are delivered.
Types of brand trackers:
- Surveys: measure changes in self-reported attitudes and behaviors
- Experiments: measure changes in variables through their impact on simulated consumer choice
- Syndicated: measure macro-environmental changes
- Digital: measure changes in consumer demand through analysis of search volume, site visits, and other digital breadcrumbs
- Social: measure changes in the audience composition and online brand advocacy